xen-tools

Re: [Xen-tools] Fiber channel storage !!!

To: benjamin henrion <benjhenrion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-tools] Fiber channel storage !!!
From: Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:18:26 +0800
Cc: xen-tools@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 01:17:39 -0800
Sender: xen-tools-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 09:57 +0100, benjamin henrion wrote:
> Hello,
> i've to install 3 VM one is a SMTP server the second is IMAP and the
> last one a webmail (in fullV).
> The problem is that every server have to access to a fiber channel
> storage  to  "work" with  a lot of mails.
> So How can i  make an access to this DD for every virtualized server
> in the same time?
>

> Thanks for your suggestions!

I suggest that you use a cluster filesystem (ocfs2 would work well) ,
and have all of your guests attach to the FC backed vbd with the w!
instead of rw flags in the dom-u config.

You will have to ensure the dom-u kernel has modular support for ocfs2,
as well as userspace configfs (not hard to do), and be sure all of your
guests have an identical copy of the cluster config file.

OCFS2 is much easier and lest time consuming than most other cluster
file systems.

Hope this helps.

Best,
--Tim