xen-tools

[Xen-tools] Re: Question about xenbus

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 17:31 +0100, harry wrote:
>     I'm getting stuck on the scenarios involving tools removing a device
> whilst FE and/or BE domains are running with drivers installed.
>
>     If I understand correctly, the tools delete the FE and BE
> directories in the store which leaves the FE and BE drivers without a
> mechanism to sequence the correct teardown of any active communication
> channels.

Which is exactly why the tools should delete one, and not the other.  I
arbitrarily chose the frontend for the case of the block devices.

>     Is hot-removal of devices supposed to be supported?  If so, what's
> the intended mechanism for this?

Yes, it was one of the things I tested in the block device
implementation (although I haven't checked since Christian's mods).  Of
course, the block device is not modular, and uses a static page, so
teardown is overly simplistic in this case, but the theory seems
sound...

Hope that helps!
Rusty.
--
A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver -- Richard Braakman