xen-ppc-devel

Re: [Xen-devel] new repo layout?

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 12:46 -0500, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 11:25 -0600, Alex Williamson wrote:
> >
> > > Another option would be to move the ia64 and ppc trees into separate
> > > subdirectories of /ext/. I'm open to other alternatives.
> >
> >    So far, this sounds like the best option.  This way it would work
> > just like the staging tree builds and would hopefully be less likely
> > to get broken.  We might also gain some flexibility in being able to
> > create new repos in the subdirectory.  Thanks,
>
> If you're suggesting moving all PPC repositories, including the Linux
> tree, into http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/powerpc/ , then that's fine
> with me.

  Yep, I think this is the way to go.  So we'll have:

http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/powerpc/
http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/ia64/

Each will have a linux-2.6.18-xen.hg repo in it that will be maintained
by the arch maintainers and used for pulls into upstream.  The default
arch Xen branch needs to be moved into the directory as well.  I also
think it might be good to standardize on names.  I'd like the
xen-ia64-unstable.hg repo to be renamed to xen-unstable.hg.  This way
we'll end up with common names like:

/xen-unstable.hg
/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg
/staging/xen-unstable.hg
/staging/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg
/ext/ia64/xen-unstable.hg
/ext/ia64/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg

Sound good?  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.