xen-ppc-devel

[XenPPC] basic Xen achitecture question

To: <xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [XenPPC] basic Xen achitecture question
From: "Yoder Stuart-B08248" <stuart.yoder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:07:24 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:06:50 -0800
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm trying to understand the paravirtualization interface
between the OS and Xen.  Here is one thing that's confusing
me--

In Linux, the xen probe() routine calls hpte_init_lpar()
which hooks up some pseries hypervisor MMU routines. These
translate into a plpar_hcall_norets() invocation, but
using pSeries hypervisor opcodes (e.g. H_PUT_TCE).

Related to that I don't see the mmu_update hypercall
used in Linux.

How do the MMU related hypercalls work?

Thanks,
Stuart