xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] xend and routes

To: Maria Butrico <butrico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [XenPPC] xend and routes
From: Jimi Xenidis <jimix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 17:48:07 -0500
Cc: xen-ppc-devel <xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 14:49:12 -0800
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm no expert on this stuff but I'll give it a try:

On Dec 6, 2006, at 1:51 PM, Maria Butrico wrote:

Notice that the machine name, cso89 corresponds to ip address 9.2.78.89 and is on eth1. Notice also that there is a default route from the machine, the last one, in the table above. After we start xend this is the network interface table.
[snip]
vif0.1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF UP BROADCAST RUNNING NOARP MTU:1500 Metric:1

The vif is usually vif<DomID>.<ethN>.
The vif that is selected to use is based on the original default route, but things get confused because its the wrong interface then you selected.

I believe (completely by inspection) that you want to change the following in xend-config.sxp:
  (vif-script vif-bridge)
to be:
  (vif-script vif-bridge vif=0)

This should force the selection you want and may get the routes correct.

BTW: If you would like to have DomUs to have access to the outside world then you also want to make sure you have "ip forwarding" turned on:
  # echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

forever change  IP_FORWARD= from "no" to "yes" in /etc/sysconfig/sysctl

-JX