xen-ppc-devel

[XenPPC] Cannot boot from local disk

To: xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [XenPPC] Cannot boot from local disk
From: Kiyokuni Kawachiya <KAWATIYA@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 19:37:57 +0900
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 03:38:41 -0700
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [XenPPC] [xenppc-unstable] [POWERPC][XEN] Remove boot wrapper, and
extensive Makefile simplifications.

It seems that the above change made my XenPPC unbootable from local disk.

I had been booting XenPPC through yaboot by adding the following lines to
/etc/yaboot.conf of SLES10.
(The /boot/xen-3.0-unstable is copied from xen/xen in the build tree.)

image = /boot/xen-3.0-unstable
    label = xen
    append = "xen -- root=/dev/hda3 sysrq=1 insmod=sym53c8xx insmod=ipr"

However, after the patch, yaboot failed to load the image with the
following message.

Welcome to yaboot version 10.1.14-r716.SuSE
booted from '/ht/ata@4,1/disk@0'
Enter "help" to get some basic usage information
boot: xen
Please wait, loading kernel...
Can't find a loadable segment !
boot:

Is there any workaround to boot the new image from local disk?

Kiyokuni Kawachiya / IBM Tokyo Research Lab.