xen-ppc-devel

[XenPPC] Re: [RFC] consolidated libdt proposal

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 11:51:30AM -0500, Milton Miller wrote:
> On Tue Aug  8 2006 01:04:08 PM CDT, Mark A. Greer wrote:
> > If we're going to allow cmdline editing in the bootwrapper, we would
> > need to extend the size of a property.  We've never really talked about
> > cmdline editing in the powerpc branch but I assume that its a good
> > thing(tm).  I know I would like to have it so, IMHO, I think we should
> > add it (and therefore require extending a property).
>
> We already have replace the command line merged (it's why my patches
> don't apply).

That's different.  What you're talking about is the code that supports
sticking a cmdline in a separate section of the zImage and using it.
What I'm talking about is editing the cmdline at runtime (as in what
used to happen in arch/ppc).

Not sure if we need all of these options but that's what I was talking
about.

Mark