xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] fixed bad swap of console and store event channels

On Aug 6, 2006, at 7:27 PM, hollisb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Quoting Jimi Xenidis <jimix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Unfortunately this isn't working for me: my output stops after
    PID hash table entries: 512 (order: 9, 4096 bytes)

Hmm, thats odd, this is where it used to hang.

When I bang keys, I can see events going on dom0 evtchn 10/domU evtchn 2: dom0/10 sends an event to domU/2 (presumably to notify domU of the input), and domU/2 sends an event to dom0/10 (presumably to notify dom0 that there is new console output to display). Strace on the "xm console" process seems to confirm that the incoming event does not wake xm console from its select() call.

xm console launches xenconsole, but that just sits on a PTY, the program that actually select()s on evtchns is xenconsoled (the daemon.

I'm pretty sure I've rebuilt/reinstalled the various components cleanly, twice. Could there be an outstanding diff still?

There was a Linux push after this mail,
hg shows nothing in status or outgoing
Did you re-install (make install-tools) in dom0? That _is_ where the bug was.

Clean builds on my end have everything working.