xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] Booting xen_maple_defconfig kernel on bare hardware

To: Amos Waterland <apw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [XenPPC] Booting xen_maple_defconfig kernel on bare hardware
From: Maria Butrico <butrico@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:49:12 -0400
Cc: xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:50:24 -0700
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are correct. The output is stopping, but the machine is up. I cannot ssh to it tho, but I can ping it. It has been more than 15 minutes since I rebooted so it's not that it has not had time to start all the things. How far did you get and did you see all the console output? I was using the nfsroot from kmac and I retried with the ones on kreg. Things improved once I removed the console= directive from the command line. Now I see why sshd and a few other things did not start. My message is

/etc/init.d/sshd start
* Starting sshd...modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.17-Xen/modules.dep: No such file or directory

I am sending to the entire list as things might be of general interest again.