xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] noHV status

Sorry Maria!  You took those files nohv.[c|h] from my tree just as I had started making new mods.  I know these should be part of the Xen patch, but then it makes the Xen diff much less useful to me for development.  I always keep working copies of these and other modified files in the root of the tree /a/kix/homes/kix/mergen.  So please take nohv.[c|h] from this location, but put them at xen/arch/powerpc/powerpc64/nohv.c and xen/include/asm-powerpc/nohv.h as in the original note.

I apologize for the trouble you've had.
Mark

Maria Butrico <butrico@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

07/21/2006 09:14 AM
Please respond to
butrico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [XenPPC] noHV status

Mark F Mergen wrote:

> The problem state Linux on Xen-PPC has been mostly running for about a
> week, but with some instability due to loose ends in pte flush.  This
> area of Linux has changed significantly since the version used for the
> prototype based on Rhype, so it's taken a few days to find the right
> place in Linux to modify.  I've generalized the noHV pte insert code
> in Xen as part of this.
>
> As I predicted in my last note to this list, we've reached the end of
> progress on simulator.  Everything I know how to run on the simple
> ramdisk system runs and seems stable.  Further progress requires
> integration with Maria's bringup base on Apple G5 hardware, which was
> set aside for other priorities.
>
> As usual, patches for Xen and Linux are available for interested
> parties.  For those with access to my source tree
> /a/kix/homes/kix/mergen/xen, the Xen patch is in xen-nohv/xen-nohv and
> the Linux patch is in linux/linux-2.6.prlp/linux-prlp.  You also need
> the two new Xen files arch/powerpc/powerpc64/nohv.c and
> include/asm-powerpc/nohv.h.  These mods work against Xen and Linux
> trees from xensource at the time of this note.
>
> Mark Mergen
Beside the patches and the files you mentioned before, nohv.[hc] what
else does one need.  Currently I cannot compile

nohv.c: In function `h_create_vm_area':
nohv.c:107: error: `DOMF_' undeclared (first use in this function)
nohv.c:107: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
nohv.c:107: error: for each function it appears in.)
nohv.c:107: error: parse error before "switch"
nohv.c:110: error: break statement not within loop or switch
nohv.c:100: warning: unused variable `vma'
nohv.c: At top level:
nohv.c:113: error: parse error before "if"