xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] PTEG full message

On Jul 14, 2006, at 4:24 PM, Maria Butrico wrote:

As Dan and I were working on his blade, we got to a state where we thought that the system had hung. We were seeing many many messages about the PTEG being full.

This is normal and completely informational, I keep meaning to ifdef the message and replace it with a counter. PTEGs getting full are a normal strategy in Linux, it just means is need to pick one to vacate and it does this "randomly".

Printing this stuff _does_ effect timing in xen since a few characters being printed by the Xen core basicaly delay time.

-JX