xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] 32 bits executables

To: Amos Waterland <apw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [XenPPC] 32 bits executables
From: Maria Butrico <butrico@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:25:52 -0400
Cc: xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:26:42 -0700
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Amos Waterland wrote:
On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 04:20:56PM -0400, Maria Butrico wrote:
Dan and I booted Xen on his JS21 blade on which SLES10 had been installed and used a NFS mounted 64 bit root file system. (Pretty much like what Amos and I have done on our blades). Then we mounted the SLES files system on /mnt. When we tried to run /mnt/bin/true it did not load (message is no file or dir, but that's the default message when things go wrong). The true executable is a 32 bit elf (powerpc, yes). Is there any chance of this working? Do I have to do anything special to the dom0 kernel to make this happen?

At the very least, you'll need to chroot to /mnt so that /bin/true is
loaded by the correct dynamic link editor.