xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] [xenppc-unstable] [ppc] copyright cleanup: adjust format; a

To: xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [XenPPC] [xenppc-unstable] [ppc] copyright cleanup: adjust format; add a couple missing notices
From: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:20:03 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:19:40 -0700
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 16:03 +0000, Xen patchbot-xenppc-unstable wrote:
> # HG changeset patch
> # User Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
> # Node ID b3dfb02fc2c28d8d0dfcdf57a5f4df2664457cfb
> # Parent  ab08d443113d038a637662c502202685fa9228ac
> [ppc] copyright cleanup: adjust format; add a couple missing notices

In preparation for submitting code upstream, I've just adjusted all the
copyright notices on PPC files in the xenppc-unstable.hg tree. In most
cases, the format just needed to change slightly. Please ensure that all
new files contain proper attribution. Sample:
/*
 * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
 * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
 * (at your option) any later version.
 *
 * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
 *
 * along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
 * Foundation, 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301, USA.
 *
 * Copyright (C) IBM Corp. 2005
 *
 * Authors: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
 */

When making substantial modifications to a file, try to remember to add
to the listed years and authors.

The following PPC files were based on other files that had no explicit
copyright notices:
        xen/arch/ppc/bitops.c (Linux)
        xen/arch/ppc/ppc64/asm-offsets.c (Xen x86)
        xen/include/asm-ppc/mach-default/irq_vectors.h (Xen x86)
        xen/include/asm-ppc/mpic.h (Linux)
        xen/include/asm-ppc/ppc64/string.h (Linux)
        xen/include/asm-ppc/types.h (Xen x86)
Of course, there are other files we borrowed as well, but those have
proper attribution in them (e.g. xen/arch/ppc/mpic.c).

I find it somewhat amusing that the FSF has moved, so their address,
which is present in the GPL boilerplate in every file, had to change.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center