xen-ppc-devel

[XenPPC] running on g5 with yaboot and the latest linux

To: xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [XenPPC] running on g5 with yaboot and the latest linux
From: Maria Butrico <butrico@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 15:37:52 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:39:08 -0700
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In watson, where on g5 we use yaboot and embed a stripped linux/dom0
into the Xen bootable image, we have had troubles booting since the
resulting boot image is now over 6M.  We were able to boot, by reducing
the size of linux/dom0 with a different configuration.

Eventually we will have to solve this, probably by either not booting
yaboot or by teaching it how to boot xen and dom0 separately.