xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] [pushed] [ppc] serialize the processor for debugging purpos

On Apr 25, 2006, at 6:07 PM, Olof Johansson wrote:

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 04:41:08PM -0400, Jimi Xenidis wrote:

On Apr 25, 2006, at 3:51 PM, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
Please fix the // comments and spacing mismatch.
oops, yes I hate them to.

Also, I'm completely baffled... why did you add all these magic
numbers
instead of simply extending "union hid0"? Please fix.
because they are not necessarily architected bit, so I'd rather leave
them for debug.

With the same reasoning the union could be removed, since HID0 layout is
unarchitected by definition.

Ahh, but those bits are architected later and these are the implementation specific location of them. The bits in question have no scope outside of the 7 lines here and IMNSHO are not worthy of symbolic representation.

I'll take a patch tho :-)

-JX