xen-merge

[Xen-merge] Re: [Xen-devel] x86-64's __PAGE_OFFSET

>>> Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 07.01.06 10:11:28 >>>
>
>On 7 Jan 2006, at 05:22, Nakajima, Jun wrote:
>
>> __PAGE_OFFSET for the native 0xffff810000000000UL has a conflict
with
>> Xen's address map (xen/include/asm-x86/config.h):
>
>Well, that is a good reason for the modified __PAGE_OFFSET. :-)
>
>I guess we stick with a Xen-specific value then.

To make this dependency more clear, I'd like to change Xen's definition
to use HYPERVISOR_VIRT_END then. While at present no assembly file (that
xenolinux uses) actually needs this value, I'd still like to provide for
using this value in assembly files. For that reason, the definition in
xen/include/public/arch-x86_64.h would need to be split into an
__ASSEMBLY__ and a C variant. However, while looking at that I found
that there are multiple definitions of HYPERVISOR_VIRT_{START,END}, and
I wonder whether these shouldn't be consolidated into a single one, or
if that is absolutely impossible, whether at least some compile-time
asserts should be added that make sure these don't get out of sync.

Jan