xen-merge

Re: [Xen-merge] questions (resend)

On 20 Dec 2005, at 16:57, Jan Beulich wrote:

- Can't FIX_ACPI_RSDP_PAGE be replaced by use of FIX_ISAMAP + n?

Yes, it probably can. The RSDP is always below 1MB, right?

include/asm-i386/mach-xen/asm/io.h
- whether merging is appropriate needs to be discussed; an alternative
  would be to break out the *_to_* translations (into a new
  include/asm-i386/mach-*/mach_xlat.h)

Sounds okay.

- What is __UNSAFE_IO__?

That is obsolete code -- Xen does the same thing automatically now by emulating I/O-port instructions. I'll delete the code from the xen-unstable repository and from there it'll trickle down to the merge trees.

include/asm-i386/mach-xen/asm/setup.h
- What is the 'unsigned long long' override for PFN_PHYS good for (and
  if for anything, why isn't standard Linux in need of this in PAE
  mode)?

It must have got added at some point to fix a problem on >4GB boxes, but now I can't see any use of PFN_PHYS where the result can reasonably be larger than 4GB. Perhaps the offending usage got removed. I think this modification to PFN_PHYS shouldn't get merged.

 -- Keir