xen-introspect

Re: FW: [Xen-introspect] Status Update

To: xen-introspect@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: FW: [Xen-introspect] Status Update
From: "Bryan D. Payne" <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 15:59:21 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 12:59:27 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:in-reply-to :references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=bsT5cqKIrNNWxvLZprWeK239TxoQQ17Yh4weA9bszYs=; b=fCvCcq2amTUPBcHK/l+6TpmZxZ8nzSM+yDpkAcjx1ocPJVAOgyWFPhFxf6hEzy6iMx CySwvBfQ6AX6FVYp1fdFHcoXC0Y52MBvceSSOdTzWFxVL1aEtzYpvCxOUzgsl6oyoAvi F2HhrnXp8cteM2aBpzE4ov8arTgMnS2OOQYnQ=
Sender: xen-introspect-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Personally I'd like to see it upstream and promoted as a core API. I think we
> just need to get a bit of momentum behind this and then it will snowball and
> folks like security vendors will get involved.

I'd be happy to work in this direction.  What would be the best way to
proceed with something like this?  Should we ultimately provide a
patch to xen-devel?  If so, how stable (with regard to features...
code stability seems to be quite good right now from my experiences)
should XenAccess be before we take that step?  Are there particular
features and/or coding standards that we would need to provide to
integrate more cleanly with Xen?

Cheers,
bryan

--