Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: VTI will crash with memory=3073M

Zhang, Jingke wrote:
Akio Takebe wrote:
Zhang, Jingke wrote:
Tristan Gingold wrote:
On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 11:43:58AM +0800, Zhang, Jingke wrote:
Hi Tristan,
    We found VTI guest with 3073M (memory is a little more than 3G)
    can not be booted up. After some investigation, our engineer
found some pages are ruined by unknow reason.  A EFI driver was
loaded to 4G+, and its initilization code used the ruined pages, so
bug out. I used latest openGFW binary (xenia64-gfw-126.bin). This
issue is very easy to reproduce. Could you please help to look at
it? Thank you very much!
Hi,

Can you explain what do you mean by 'ruined' ?

Tristan.
Hi Tristan,
    We found some code pages are polluted by an EFI driver
(currently, we did not locate which driver), and leads to the issue.
Thanks!
I guess the same problem.
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-ia64-devel/2008-07/msg00200.html

Yes, it should be the issue. Have any idea to the root cause? Thank you very
much!

I don't know the detail.
Kuwamura checked the memory area that we cannot boot hvm a guest.

He tested from 3073MB to 3299MB, the results are below:
  FAIL: 3073-3077, 3079-3094, 3098MB
  PASS: 3078, 3095-3097, 3099-3299MB

He said we would avoid this problem if we don't specify 3073-3098MB.

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe