Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 00/15] ia64: kexec: Map EFI memory in the sa

To: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 00/15] ia64: kexec: Map EFI memory in the same location as Linux v20080715
From: Isaku Yamahata <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:59:51 +0900
Cc: Aron Griffis <aron@xxxxxx>, Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>, xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 18:59:55 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think that EFI mapping patch set are in quite good shape.
Has anyone tested? (except Simon and me).
If no objection, I'm going to merge this patches and include
this into the next release.

To be honest, I'm having an issue that kexec succeeds in calling
into kexec code (at least relocate_kernel in xen), but a new kernel
(or VMM) doesn't boot up with some particular combinations.
However that seems to be the issue of kexec itself, not EFI mapping.
And kexec part had already been merged.

--
yamahata