[Xen-ia64-devel] Xen/IPF Windows guest configured with E1000 VIF failed

To: "xen-ia64-devel" <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Xen/IPF Windows guest configured with E1000 VIF failed to ping host
From: "Mu, Qin" <qin.mu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:13:39 +0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 05:15:32 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

When working on Xen/IPF built with source of unstable cs# 17197, I found
that E1000 network card in windows guest works well but only failed to
ping the host and other guests created by the same host.

And the MAC address was always set to 00-16-FF-FF-FF-FF regardless the
value specified by user in configuration file.

E100 in windows guest doesn't have the problem. Both E100 and E1000 work
well in Linux guest.

Have you met ever this problem before? Please help if you know the right
operations to enable e1000 model in windows guest.
Thanks!

Amy Mu