[Xen-devel] [patch 0/3] xen: Extend xen kexec hypercall to return additi

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] [patch 0/3] xen: Extend xen kexec hypercall to return additional regions
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:01:05 +0900
Cc: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>, Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 23:17:25 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

this series starts off by reworking the hypercall a bit to
allow it to have architecture-specific code under xen/arch/

It then extends the hypercall for some extra regions that
are needed for xen ia64.

There are generic and ia64 specific patches in this series.
I wanted to post them together as they don't make much sense
without each other.

There are related xen-linux patches that I will send as a separate series.
There are related kexec-tools patches which I have posted to
the kexec mailing list and intend to merge.
  http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/kexec/2008-February/001348.html

The end-game here is to make sure that all the reserved regions
show up in /proc/iomem_machine on ia64. This currently does not happen.
And manifests as kexec only being able to be performed once as
the boot parameter ends up being overwritten in relocate_kernel before
purgatory is reached.

  Xen--kexec-->Xen--kexec [hang in purgatory!]

The EFI-RID patches for ia64 xen kexec are also needed for kexec
to function on ia64. However they touch different code paths and can
be merged separately.

--
Horms