Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] paravirt_ops and its alternatives

Dong, Eddie writes:
>       3: irq chip paravirt_ops, xen irq chip or vSAPIC?

Is xen irqchip really necessary?

In current PV implementation, an evtchn interrupt is injected and
reflected directly to a guest OS.
See reflect_event()@xen-unstable.hg/xen/arch/ia64/xen/faults.c and
xen_event_callback@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/arch/ia64/xen/xenivt.c

There is no intermediate layer there.
I think that the same mechanism can work in paravirt_ops.

Perhaps I might misunderstand something. :-)

Thanks,
Kouya