RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Question about migration

Well, time_interpolator_get_counter() guarantees the monotonicity
of gettimeofday() system call. It's pointless when an application
reads ar.itc directly, isn't it?

But as Anthony said, difference of ITC cycles is quite small.
So I think there is no problem. It must be less than cycles of
process switch and much less than cycles of domU migration.

Xen uses the same algorithm as Linux to synchronize ITCs and it
is disabled for a guest OS to re-set the ITC.  Thus, from an
application point of view, there is no diffrence between on xen
and on linux, I think.

FYI, time_interpolator_get_counter() is gone from Linux-2.6.23.

Thanks,
Kouya