RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] HVM Multi-Processor Performance followup

To: "Kayvan Sylvan" <kayvan@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-ia64-devel" <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] HVM Multi-Processor Performance followup
From: "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 09:11:18 +0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:22:35 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for your efforts

You can see the drop in performance starts to get really bad at about 9 CPUs and beyond

If you increase guest vCPU number, the bottleneck may be dom0 vCPU number( only 1vCPU for dom0).

You can try configure two/four vCPU for dom0, the performance may be back.

a curious question,

Alex said there are ~70% degradation on RE-AIM7,
Your test result seems much better than his.

What's the difference of your test environment?

Thanks,
Anthony