Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Open Guest Firmware/IPF test report

To: tgingold@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Open Guest Firmware/IPF test report
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:08:05 -0700
Cc: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:08:16 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 14:20 +0100, tgingold@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Quoting "Mu, Qin" <qin.mu@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > 2. Even if configured with USB mouse in guest HVM, mouse's behavior is too
> > far from users' expectation to tolerate, particularly to window guys.
>
> I fear windows doesn't support USB tablet...

   Hmm, I set usb=1 and usbdevice='tablet' in my guest config file using
the open GFW and the Windows guest seems to track the mouse quite well.
Windows has had support for absolute coordinate mouses longer than
Linux.  What configuration did you try?  I would expect the VNC console
to be used more for maintenance and install and an RDP session used for
any kind of desktop work on a Windows guest, but perhaps the actual
usage model is different(?).  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.