RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Open GFW Howto

To: "Kouya Shimura" <kouya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tgingold@xxxxxxx>, "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Open GFW Howto
From: "Mu, Qin" <qin.mu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:39:59 +0800
Cc: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:40:31 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, Kouya

Thanks so much for your help! With your helpful patch, the guest HVM can
finally be successfully created and work very well.

Based on observation to this patch file, it seems that troublemaker might be
the invocation of check_regs() since a workable guest firmware binary also can
be built out with only commenting out this function in Timer.c source file.

Is it suitable to place this patch under edk2-patches directory as other
patches, to avoid the same build problem might be encountered by other users?

Thanks again!
Have a nice day!

Amy