Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: [patch 5/5] IA64: Kexec: Use a separate RID for

To: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: [patch 5/5] IA64: Kexec: Use a separate RID for EFI
From: Isaku Yamahata <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:47:09 +0900
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:47:37 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 01:33:29PM -0600, Alex Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 11:49 +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> > The patch does seem to work, in the sense that the EFI mappings work.
> > I have not stress tested it to see if domains can still do nefarious
> > things. I would appreciate a review of this.
>
> Hi Simon,
>
>    This generally looks ok, but I'd like to get an ack from Isaku and
> Tristan.

After taking a rough look for it, it looks basically O.K.
Just for some minor comments at this moment,
  - Good work!
  - EFI region detection is done by !guest_mode() and addrees checking.
    It would be safer to add check rid==EFI_RID.  (minor issue)
  - It is somewhat unclear (at least to me) that where EFI_RID comes from.
    Please add a comment. (minor issue)
    Possibly it might be necessary to avlid rid collisoin.
    I had taken only a rough look so I might be wrong.
    At any rate it would be easily worked around and someone
    (Simon-san or me or anyone else who want to) can address it
    independently.

I'll take a closer look of it after vti domain save/restore issues today.
--
yamahata