[Xen-ia64-devel] Kexec

To: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Kexec
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:01:44 -0600
Cc: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:02:14 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Simon,

   I'm sure you're off on holiday by now, but I've applied most of your
patches for kexec.  I left out the EFI remapping and the ACPI table
save/restore.  As we discussed in a separate email, this should allow UP
Xen-to-Xen kexecs.  I haven't tested kexec'ing, but all the existing
functionality and performance still appears to be intact.  I'd like to
investigate the id/eid virtualization before added in the ACPI table
support.  I do have a system that doesn't boot w/o the id/eid munging.
It seems like I've looked at this recently, but I can't remember enough
details.  On the EFI remapping side, I'd like to make sure we're not
introducing a security hole before going down that path.  Thanks for all
your hard work on this, hopefully having the bulk of the patches in-tree
will help out.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.