RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Open GFW Howto

To: "Alex Williamson" <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Open GFW Howto
From: "Zhang, Xing Z" <xing.z.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:20:07 +0800
Cc: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:20:43 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Hi Wing,
>
>   Thanks for the howto, building the GFW is a little tricky.
>I'd also
>like to see us move exclusively to the open source GFW.  One
>other issue
>I want to point out though is that the open source GFW can't
>run the
>nvrboot.efi utility shipped with Windows.  Whenever I try to
>run it I
>get:
>
>'nvrboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
>operable
>program, or batch file
>Exit status code: Invalid Parameter
>
>"." is in my path, and I've tried all variations of specifying
>the full
>name of the executable and the absolute path that I can think
>of.  Has
>anyone else tried this and seen this problem?  Thanks,

nvrboot can work on my box, see attachment.
I also notice if I set CDROM in "disk" filed of configure
file, then the issue you said raise. I didn't test CDROM before,
I guess it's a wrong mapping bug of EFI shell which is a binary
component of open firmware.