Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] does xen support MCA now?

Hi Anthony,

> Sorry, I didn't see xen_mca handler purge and reload TLB in latest
> changeset.
> The code is commented out. Maybe I miss something, could you elaborate
> it?

TLB purge and reload code is in xen/arch/ia64/linux-xen/mca_asm.S

   367          // The following code purges TC and TR entries. Then reload all
TC entries.
   368          // Purge percpu data TC entries.
   369  begin_tlb_purge_and_reload:
   370          movl r18=ia64_reload_tr;;
   371          LOAD_PHYSICAL(p0,r18,ia64_reload_tr);;
   372          mov b1=r18;;
   373          br.sptk.many ia64_do_tlb_purge;;
   374

> My understanding is, corrected platform MCA is CPE, and this MCA should
> have been corrected by firmware ( PAL or SAL), CPE interrupt is just
> used to inform OS something has happened.
> Uncorrected platform MCA still invoke OS_MCA, it still rendezvous other
> processors.

TLB-related uncorrected MCA is recoverd in xen_mca handler.
But when the other uncorrected MCA happens, it just causes system
reset. The other error recoveries are not implemented yet.

Thanks,
KAZ