Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] compilation xen unstable on a ia64 debian

To: Peter Van Biesen <peter.vanbiesen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] compilation xen unstable on a ia64 debian
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:19:06 -0600
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 07:17:23 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 12:36 +0200, Peter Van Biesen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile xen on a debian on a ia64 HP integrity blade. I'm using
> the stock 2.6.18 kernel, installed the sources and symbolic linked the
> tar.bz2 file into my build dir ( so the make would find it ).

Hi Peter,

   I'm unable to reproduce the problem on a Debian etch ia64 system.
Here's the processes I tried:

~/xen$ ls linux-2.6.18.tar.bz2
linux-2.6.18.tar.bz2
~/xen$ hg clone http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.1-testing.hg
~/xen$ cd xen-3.1-testing.hg/
~/xen/xen-3.1-testing.hg$ make world

This builds to completion.  Note that current
http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/ia64/xen-unstable.hg has a different
build processes that requires a modified Linux kernel as a base.  Are
there other errors in your build log?  If starting from something other
than a pristine kernel.org 2.6.18 tar.bz2, the sparse tree may not work
correctly and cause odd errors.  Please let us know.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.