Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Question: Special linux dom0 handling in vcpu_trans

Quoting Dietmar Hahn <dietmar.hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Am Montag, 25. Juni 2007 schrieb Dietmar Hahn:
> > > Seems OK.  I think you'd better to use a private hypercall (num > 0x100)
> >
> > OK, I would add a hypercall in xen/include/asm-ia64/dom_fw.h:
> > #define FW_HYPERCALL_SET_OPT_FEATURE                 0x700UL
> > and a sub command for the special feature.
>
> dom_fw.h seems not to be the correct location. What I need here is a define
> accessible from the hypervisor, dom0 and domU.
> Where are such ia64 private hypercalls defined - in public/arch-ia64.h?

Some are in dom_fw.h and this is not the right place.  We should defind
in dom_fw.h a public range and public ia64 specific non-user hypercalls could
be put in arch-ia64.h
You can also use _arch_N hypercalls but I think they shouldn't be used for
one-time kinds of hypercalls.

Tristan.