RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] New tree issues (domU restart and domVTibootissues)

To: "Alex Williamson" <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] New tree issues (domU restart and domVTibootissues)
From: "Zhang, Xing Z" <xing.z.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:49:42 +0800
Cc: Isaku Yamahata <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:47:42 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  The nvram store is based on the config file name or the domain name?
>Xen 2.0 used to make it really easy to launch multiple domains using
the
>same config file w/ a %vid (iirc) variable in the config file.  Is this
>still possible in Xen 3.x?  It would seem logical that the nvram store
>should be based on the domain name, since that already has a
requirement
>to be unique.  Thanks,

[Zhang, Xing Z]
It uses domain name. However, I think domain name also causes collision.
So I intend to change it to image path. Any comment?

BTW: I failed to build the newest Changeset. I just pulled a
linux-2.6.18-xen.hg from staging tree before, I don't know if there any
different between staging/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg and
ia64/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg. I am pulling ia64/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg now but
the speed is very slow.