Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [Patch] cleanup warning of UC|WB attribute page

To: Akio Takebe <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [Patch] cleanup warning of UC|WB attribute page
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 11:22:52 -0600
Cc: Isaku Yamahata <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 May 2007 10:21:39 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 20:02 +0900, Akio Takebe wrote:
> Hi, Isaku
>
> Thank you for your comments.
> I updated my patch.

Hi Akio,

   Why does efi_ucwb() only check certain types of ranges for having
both UC and WB attributes.  Seems like the types might be implementation
specific.  I'm also a little concerned about scanning the EFI memory
map, but I guess this is expected to be a rare event.  Is there an
approach we could take to prevent these cases from happening (for a well
behaved guest) rather than catching them at the end?  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.