[Xen-ia64-devel] [Query] Regarding dtlb_miss Handler

To: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] [Query] Regarding dtlb_miss Handler
From: jeet <jeet_sat12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:33:05 +0530 (IST)
Delivery-date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 22:01:35 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All

I am trying to understand dtlb_miss handler for VMX domain, which
would be called when VHPT walker could not find the entry in VHPT.

I have some queries

In following lines, check is made for vm bit in PSR when interrupt occur
Is this means, if currently guest is running(vm=1) and flow would go to line
225 and
otherwise it would jump to vmx_alt_dtlb_miss_1(vm=0),  when this case would
occur?

xen-3.0.4_1-src/xen/arch/ia64/vmx/vmx_ivt.S

line216 ENTRY(vmx_dtlb_miss)
..

..
line223        tbit.z p6,p7=r29,IA64_PSR_VM_BIT;
line224     (p6)br.sptk vmx_alt_dtlb_miss_1
line 225      mov r16 = cr.ifa

So would code after line 225 be executed when guest is running?
if so the executing the privilege instructions itc.d (line268) would cause
virtualization fault?
which would give controls to virtualization fault handler?

Is my understanding is correct? if not please if anyone could explain this,
that would be great help

~Jeet

      Send a FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger. Get it now
at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/