Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [Patch] Remove panic_domain()

To: Akio Takebe <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [Patch] Remove panic_domain()
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:36:03 -0600
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:34:51 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 15:00 +0900, Akio Takebe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found the bug of panic_domain().
> When we compile xen with crash_debug=y, debugger_trap_immediate() and
> debugger_trap_fatal() is not nop.
> So if xen call panic_domain() to crash guest,
> xen call debugger routine, then hangup system.
>
> domain_crash_synchronous() has __FILE__, __LINE__ macros.
> So I remove panic_domain() and replace it with printk() and
> domain_crash_synchronous() as x86 do.

   Wouldn't it work just as well to convert panic_domain() to a macro
and remove the debugger_trap_immediate() and debugger_trap_fatal()
calls?  The abstraction of panic_domain() is easier to use than
requiring someone to call all the relevant functions manually.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.