[Xen-ia64-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Kexec for Xen on IA64 (Take II)

To: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, fastboot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Kexec for Xen on IA64 (Take II)
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 17:10:34 +0900
Cc: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 00:10:08 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 01:22:05PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for far to long now I have been tinkering with patches for Kexec for
> Xen on IA64. These are part of the work that Magnus Damm and I have been
> doing, of which the generic and x86 portions were merged for 3.0.4.
> That is, this is hypervisor and domain 0 kdump/kexec, not domain U,
> which Gerd Hoffman is working on separately.
>
> Firtsly, before you run off and get too excited, this code is
> very beta, perhaps alpha. It needs work. And I am hoping that by posting
> the code here, interested parties can help out.
>
> As the code spans several different trees - xen, kexec-tools, and linux -
> it is a little hard to pack into an email. So I have created a page,
> which has all the patches, as well as some documentation on how
> to build the code, how to run the code, and some of the problems with
> the code.
>
> http://www.vergenet.net/linux/kexec/ia64-xen.shtml
> http://www.vergenet.net/linux/kexec/ia64-xen/latest/broken_out/README
> http://www.vergenet.net/linux/kexec/ia64-xen/latest/broken_out/BUILD
>
> Lastly, I should mention that all development has been on a Tiger 2 box.
> Testing and development on other platforms would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I'm happy to announce the second alpha release of this code.
Currently the following is working for UP (single processor):

  kexec: Xen->Xen and Xen->Linux
  kdump: (Xen->Linux)

http://www.vergenet.net/linux/kexec/ia64-xen.shtml
http://www.vergenet.net/linux/kexec/ia64-xen/20070208/broken_out/README
http://www.vergenet.net/linux/kexec/ia64-xen/20070208/broken_out/BUILD

This release is based on:
        xen-ia64-unstable, version 13867 (the latest checkout as of writing!)
        kexec-tools-testing 20061214
        linux 2.6.20

I'm more than happy for people to help with this code.
In fact I am practically begging for help. For some places
to start, see:

http://www.vergenet.net/linux/kexec/ia64-xen/20070208/broken_out/PROBLEMS

--
Horms