[Xen-ia64-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Kexec for Xen on IA64

To: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, fastboot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Kexec for Xen on IA64
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:22:05 +0900
Cc: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:21:48 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

for far to long now I have been tinkering with patches for Kexec for
Xen on IA64. These are part of the work that Magnus Damm and I have been
doing, of which the generic and x86 portions were merged for 3.0.4.
That is, this is hypervisor and domain 0 kdump/kexec, not domain U,
which Gerd Hoffman is working on separately.

Firtsly, before you run off and get too excided, this code is
very beta, perhaps alpha. It needs work. And I am hoping that by posting
the code here, interested parties can help out.

As the code spans several different trees - xen, kexec-tools, and linux -
it is a little hard to pack into an email. So I have created a page,
which has all the patches, as well as some documentation on how
to build the code, how to run the code, and some of the problems with
the code.

http://www.vergenet.net/linux/kexec/ia64-xen.shtml
http://www.vergenet.net/linux/kexec/ia64-xen/latest/broken_out/README
http://www.vergenet.net/linux/kexec/ia64-xen/latest/broken_out/BUILD

Lastly, I should mention that all development has been on a Tiger 2 box.
Testing and development on other platforms would be greatly appreciated.

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/