RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Please try PV-on-HVM on IPF

To: "DOI Tsunehisa" <Doi.Tsunehisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-ia64-devel" <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Please try PV-on-HVM on IPF
From: "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:00:05 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:00:39 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
HI Tsunehisa,

More testing results based on changeset 11810:
----------
1. I did a continuous KB in VTI VBD disk 35 times, all passed. The KB speed in
VBD is a little faster than in IOEMU disk.
2. I did a lot of scp >1G file by VTI VNIF, all pass. The scp speed is
extraordinary higher than without VNIF.
3. UP and SMP(2vcpus) VTI can both use PV drivers.

Issues:
----------
I noticed there are too many "kernel unaligned access" reported by VTI, after
insert vnif module.

Two issues reported by yesterday:
1. If use IOEMU NIC too, insert VNIF driver will cause VTI domain crash. IA32
hasn't this issue.
2. After insert VNIF driver, VTI kernel often calls trace when running
applications (kudzu, vi etc.).

Best Regards,
Yongkang (Kangkang) 永康