Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] problems: XEN on SMP

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 11:22 -0300, Rodrigo Lord wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There is a long time that I`m trying to boot xen-ia64 with more that
> one processor!
> It boots OK with one processor, but when I set in dom0_max_vcpus more
> that one it crashs!
>
> I`m using Fedora Core 5 ia64 on an HP rx5670

   The attached boot log appears to just be the fedora core 5 kernel on
bare metal, so it doesn't really help to debug the dom0 boot problem.
Since you mention you're on an rx5670, you might want to try the
attached patch.  There's a firmware "feature" having to do w/
SAL_CACHE_FLUSH on these systems that's been fixed in upstream Linux.
The attached patch ports the same check into Xen to avoid the SAL call
and instead use PAL directly for flushing the cache.  Try it and let me
know if it helps.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.