[Xen-ia64-devel] Xencomm on ia64 - The patches

To: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Xencomm on ia64 - The patches
From: Tristan Gingold <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:02:17 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 08:57:55 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

these are the patches to port xencomm on ia64.  This is just an RFC.  I have
to clean-up the code so that it could be shared between ia64 and ppc.

I have added the xencomm_inline feature which makes (IMHO) hcall.c more
readable and safer (particularly at boot time).  Wether or not xencomm_mini
should be deprecated is a question for ppc people (xencomm_mini is buggy: the
area should be reserved as an array of struct xencomm_mini for alignment).

I have also fixed a few bugs in guest_access.h

Many files should be shared between ia64 and ppc.
In xen:
* guest_access.h should be the same.  I will propose to put as
include/xen/xencomm_access.h
* usercopy.c sould be shared too.  The paddr_to_maddr() function should be
defined in arch files as xencomm_paddr_to_maddr.  I will propose to put this
file into xen/common/xencomm.c

In linux:
* drivers/xen/core/xencomm.c should be shared.  We just need to agree on
xen_pa().  On linux-ia64, __pa() doesn't work for this use.  asm/xencomm.h
should define this macro/function.
* hcall.c should be shared because it is the biggest and the most boring file.
This won't be that easy, but it will try to made a proposal soon.

Tristan.