[Xen-ia64-devel] PATCH: iomem support for driver domains.

To: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] PATCH: iomem support for driver domains.
From: Tristan Gingold <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:03:40 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 01:59:25 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

this is the first patch for drivers domains.  With this patch and another one
for pcifront, I was able to use an ethernet card in a domU.

This patch adds the IOPORT_PERMISSION hypercall (with no effects other than
setting the rangeset), checks iomem caps and provides a more flexible way to
handle memory attribute.

Currently IO ports are not supported in driver domain.  I'd plan to start a
discussion about it.

Tested by using a ethernet card in domU and retesting live migration.

Tristan.