RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Mini-OS on ia64

To: <dietmar.hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Alex Williamson" <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Mini-OS on ia64
From: "Yang, Fred" <fred.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 07:32:11 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 07:35:17 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>> > At the moment I have running a rudimentary trap handler for the
>> > physically addresses (start_info, bootinfo and console page) and
the
>> > event handler for timer and console events.
>> > Are there any guidelines to get in the sources?
>>
>>    I imagine you'll have to do some re-architecture of the code to
allow
>> ia64 to fit cleanly into the existing code.  The might mean making
>> architecture specific sub-directories under extras/mini-os and moving
>> the existing architecture specific files under them.  That should
>> probably be coordinated on xen-devel, but please keep xen-ia64-devel
in
>> the loop.  When you're ready to add the ia64 code, submit that to the
>> xen-ia64-devel list.  Thanks,

Dietmar,
Please mimic ia32's approach as possible, i.e., tries keeping the same
infrastructure.  Experience has taught us it will be much easier and
smooth to port porting new functionalities base on ia32 infrastructure.
This is especially true for the immediate mini-OS domain usage is
stub-domain for VTi, and VTi is reusing infrastructures from VTx/ia32.
Thanks,
-Fred