[Xen-ia64-devel] PATCH: live migration

To: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] PATCH: live migration
From: Tristan Gingold <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:03:59 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 01:59:44 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

this patch implements live migration and shadow mode.
When shadow mode is enabled, Dirty bit is virtualized.
psr.da is *not* yet virtualized because it is not that simple and because
Linux doesn't use it.

This is a first implementation.  I have only tested live migration within the
same machine (127.0.0.1 !).  I will do more tests and performance improvement
as soon as I have a good configuration to do it.

Tested by doing a live migration on the same node,
save & restore tested.

Tristan.