[Xen-ia64-devel] xencons interrupt problem

To: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] xencons interrupt problem
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 08:45:38 -0600
Delivery-date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 07:45:51 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   I was hoping to enable xencons as the default console, but I've run
into a problem.  I have a system that has the console UART and core I/O
NIC sharing the same interrupt (both are PCI devices).  The
ia64_xen_vector bit array does not prevent the guest from writing the
IOSAPIC RTE value because it's only checking the vector value programmed
into the RTE, not the existing value (ie. Xen programs it to vector 49,
the guest wants to program it to vector 50, Xen allows the guest write).
That much seems fairly easily fixable, but how do we allow Xen and dom0
to share an RTE?  We not only need to forward on the interrupt to the
domain, but we may need to translate it to the vector the guest tried to
program.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.