RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Event channel vs current scheme speed [wasvIOSAPIC

To: "Tristan Gingold" <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>, "Dong, Eddie" <eddie.dong@xxxxxxxxx>, "Magenheimer, Dan \(HP Labs Fort Collins\)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Event channel vs current scheme speed [wasvIOSAPIC and IRQs delivery]
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:11:36 +0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:13:03 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Difference is obvious, because 0-255 or 256-511 is not the first level of
priority decision. The base line is always evtchn_pending, with lower bit
for higher priority by far. Phys_irq may have event port higher than the
one owned by a dyn_irq, thus the priority of the former is instead lower
than the latter. Phys_irq in 0-255 and dyn_irq in 256-511 are just one
compatible way to the end user, with former indicating normal interrupt
while the latter for new type of events.

Yes, currently the priority of event channel is a simple way as
earlier-come-higher-priority, which is decided by the init sequence of
different drivers. But once event layer is added under traditional interrupt,
you can choose more complex/accurate priority policy on demand.
That's it!

Thanks,
Kevin