[Xen-ia64-devel] vIOSAPIC and IRQs delivery

To: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] vIOSAPIC and IRQs delivery
From: Tristan Gingold <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:34:44 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 15:31:18 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

last weeks I have been delivering vIOSAPIC patch.  I got many comments from
Intel.

Intel would like to take advantage of vIOSAPIC to speed up convergence with
x86 code.  That means using safe callback, delivering interrupts through the
event channel and being ready for domain drivers.

I think this convergence is a good goal but this is also a big change.  Of
course this can be done incremently and I think vIOSAPIC is a first step.

However, I don't remember general agreement about that during the Xen summit
(I am sure we spoke about vIOSAPIC but not beyond).

Before working on such changes, I'd like to get any comments and I'd like to
reach a consensus.

Tristan.