RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Booting Dom0 with RHEL4 on Tiger4 [was: Can't bootR

To: "Yang, Fred" <fred.yang@xxxxxxxxx>, "Yoshi. Oguchi" <y-oguchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Booting Dom0 with RHEL4 on Tiger4 [was: Can't bootRHEL4 Dom0 with the latest unstable]
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 09:13:02 -0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 17:13:29 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> However, I had tried Rev#8188 and 794x version, which all failed for
> Tiger4 with the exact SCSI failure as you saw on Cset 8234.
>
> I have just tried Cset#8241 from
> http://tx.downloads.xensource.com/xen-3.0-testing.hg and it has just
> booted Dom0 to "init 3" on RHEL4U2 system disk.  But you need to use
> attached xen_tiger_defconfig as build configuration.
>
> Please replace
> ~/linux-2.6-xen-sparse/arch/xen/configs/xen0_defconfig_ia64 with
> attached config file.  And please answer "y" for 2 question prompted
> during build.
>
> -Fred

I think I explained in a previous posting that I had to back out
the generic xen0_defconfig_ia64 file because it caused problems
booting domU (crashes in losetup I think).  If someone can isolate
this domU problem and provide a fix, it would be good to return
to the generic defconfig as the default.

Thanks,
Dan