RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] consoles, iosapics, and device interrupts

To: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] consoles, iosapics, and device interrupts
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:25:25 -0700
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tristan Gingold <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:23:41 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 09:11 -0800, Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort
Collins) wrote:
> Another comment:
>
> Should we use acpi.c from linux (either in xen/arch/ia64/linux
> if no patches are required or xen/arch/ia64/linux-xen if
> patches are required)?  The code in xen/arch/ia64/xen/acpi.c
> is from an old version of linux (probably 2.6.7).

   I think what's there is sufficient, but with Tristan's patch we may
want to update (lots of the #if 0 blocking in the file can do away).  It
will probably still need to be in linux-xen.  At a minimum it needs to
be xen tweaked to not register the SCI interrupt (I assume that's
something we want to save for dom0(?)).

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Linux & Open Source Lab